Enjoy a healthy breakfast on the busiest of mornings!
When you’re running short on time in the morning, breakfast is probably the last thing on your mind. But it doesn’t have to be that way! In fact, you can learn how to make breakfast in under 15 minutes using the simple tips below. Better yet? These quick and easy breakfasts are both healthy and satisfying.
Healthy Breakfasts Can Be Quick and Easy
When it comes to healthy eating, breakfast is often cited as the most important meal of the day. And for good reason! Breakfast provides the body and brain with essential nutrients and energy to start the day.
But let’s be real: sometimes we just don’t have time for a lengthy morning meal. Whether we’re running late for work or trying to get the kids out the door for school, there are mornings when we just can’t afford to spend an hour cooking and eating breakfast.
Fortunately, there are plenty of healthy and delicious breakfast options that can be made in under 15 minutes. With a little planning and prep work, you can enjoy a healthy breakfast even on the busiest of mornings.
Benefits of Eating Breakfast
Before we get to the recipes, let’s take a quick look at some of the benefits of eating breakfast:
- Boosts energy levels: Breakfast provides the body with essential nutrients and energy to start the day.
- Improves concentration and productivity: A healthy breakfast has been shown to improve concentration and productivity throughout the morning.
- May help with weight loss: Some research suggests that eating breakfast may help with weight loss or maintaining a healthy weight.
- Reduces risk of heart disease: Eating a healthy breakfast has been linked with a lower risk of heart disease.
So now that we know why breakfast is so important, let’s take a look at 10 quick and healthy breakfast recipes that can be made in under 15 minutes.
Tips for Quicker Cooking
There are a few things you can do to help make breakfast time quicker and easier.
- First, take a look at your recipes and see if there are any steps that can be eliminated or shortcuts that can be taken. For example, can you cook multiple items at the same time? Can you use pre-cooked or frozen ingredients?
- Second, make sure you have all the tools and ingredients you need before you start cooking. This means taking stock of your pantry and fridge, as well as making sure you have all the pots, pans, and utensils you need.
- Finally, try to do some prep work at the start of the week. (Sunday is the perfect prep day for so many of us!) This could mean chopping veggies, bulk cooking proteins or grains, boiling eggs, or portioning out oatmeal. Having these items ready to go will make it much easier to put together a healthy breakfast in the morning.
10 Breakfast Recipes in Under 15 Minutes
There are so many delicious options when it comes to breakfast time. Here are 10 of our favorite quick and healthy breakfast recipes to get your day started off right:
1. High Protein Overnight Oats
Oats are a great source of fiber and protein, both of which are essential for a healthy breakfast. To make overnight oats, simply combine rolled oats with milk (dairy or non-dairy) and your favorite toppings in a jar or container. Let the mixture sit overnight in the fridge, and in the morning you’ll have a healthy and filling breakfast ready to go. Don’t have time to prep the night before? No problem! You can make overnight oats in just a few minutes using quick-cooking oats.
Here’s the recipe: High Protein Overnight Oats
2. Simple Egg and Veggie Breakfast Wraps
Breakfast burritos are a delicious and portable option for busy mornings. Simply fill a whole wheat tortilla with scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and your favorite veggies. You can even make a batch of breakfast burritos ahead of time and freeze them for a quick and easy meal.
If freezing for later, allow them to cool to room temperature, wrap them in some parchment paper and/or foil, and place them in a air tight Ziploc bag. To cook, unwrap them completely, place them on a microwave safe plate, cover with a paper towel, and microwave until warmed through (about 1 to 2 minutes).
3. Berry and Chia Yogurt Parfait
A fruit and yogurt parfait is a healthy and refreshing breakfast option. Start with a layer of Greek yogurt, then top with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of granola or nuts for some extra protein and healthy fats.
Make this easy breakfast: Berry and Chia Yogurt Parfait
4. Pick-Me-Up Breakfast Smoothie
Smoothies make a great quick and healthy breakfast. This recipe is high in protein and super healthy ingredients like flax meal and fruit, which makes for a great, energizing way to start your day.
Here’s the recipe: Pick Me Up Breakfast Smoothie
5. Protein Salmon and Eggs on Toast
Eggs on toast is a simple yet satisfying breakfast option. Top a piece of whole-wheat toast with a fried or poached egg and your favorite toppings. This recipe even includes salmon, which adds more protein and healthy fats! Talk about a powerhouse breakfast!
Try it: Protein Salmon and Eggs on Toast
6. Spinach and Artichoke Breakfast Sandwich
This breakfast sandwich is another easy and convenient option for busy mornings. Start with a whole wheat English muffin or bagel, then add cooked eggs, cheese, and your favorite toppings like spinach and artichoke. You can also make breakfast sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them for later! Simply follow the same steps as the simple egg and veggie breakfast wraps above (#2 on the list.)
Make this easy breakfast: Spinach and Artichoke Breakfast Sandwich
7. Whole Grain Peanut Butter and Fruit Toast
Start your morning with whole grain toast topped with peanut butter and your favorite fruit. This healthy breakfast option is high in protein and fiber, which will help keep you full until lunchtime. Not to mention, it tastes amazing!
Here’s the recipe: Whole Grain Peanut Butter and Fruit Toast
8. 4-Ingredient Protein Pancakes
Pancakes are a classic breakfast favorite. To keep them healthy, this pancake recipe is made with protein powder, egg whites, and bananas for a high protein, high fiber start to your day.
Try it: 4-Ingredient Protein Pancakes
9. Asparagus and Egg Scramble
A healthy scramble is a great way to use up whatever veggies you have on hand. This recipe uses seasonal asparagus, but you can use any veggies you want! Simply sauté your favorite seasonal veggies (this can be done ahead of time to save more time) in a pan, then add some eggs and cheese. You can even add cooked meat to your scramble for an extra boost of protein. Note that meat can also be cooked ahead of time! Bacon, sausage, ham, and steak are all great options.
Make this easy breakfast: Asparagus and Egg Scramble
10. Applesauce Waffles
Waffles make a great quick and healthy breakfast option. Opt for these whole wheat applesauce waffles and top them with fresh fruit or yogurt to stick to mainly whole foods. You can even make waffles in advance and freeze them for quick and easy mornings. Just pop them in the toaster to cook!
Here’s the recipe: Applesauce Waffles
With these quick and healthy breakfast recipes, you can enjoy a nutritious meal even on the busiest of mornings. So don’t skip breakfast – try one of these recipes and start your day off right!
Think you know how to make breakfast in under 15 minutes now? Which recipe stands out to you the most? Are you looking forward to trying any? Be sure to let us know in the comment section!