A classic Italian dish with a Cajun spin.
Looking for a high protein, high energy dinner that the whole family will love? Try this new recipe for blackened chicken alfredo! It’s interesting combination of flavors and cuisines brings unique, spicy flavors while boosting your protein and fiber intake! We’ve even used gluten-free pasta for this recipe so everyone can enjoy it!
A Hearty and Energizing Dish
Whether it’s the night before a big game or you’ve got a really hungry group of eaters, sometimes we need a hearty and high energy dinner to feed the crowd! Luckily, this blackened chicken alfredo does just that. With high protein chicken, parmesan cheese, and chickpea pasta, this dish not only fills you up, but keeps you satisfied for longer. Keep in mind, you can always double (or triple!) the recipe with our serving size adjustment feature if you need to feed a big crowd!
High Protein and Gluten-Free Pasta
For this dish, we used gluten-free chickpea linguine for a couple of reasons. It is high in both fiber and protein, so it will increase satiety and satisfaction all day (or night) long. It is also a great option for anyone who cannot eat gluten. I usually use Banza chickpea pasta, but any brand will work! If you’re in a pinch, you can always just use whole wheat or regular pasta, as well. Any shape can be swapped in, too!
Cook Up this Chicken Alfredo
Start by cooking the chickpea pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, coat the chicken breasts with the cajun blackened seasoning. Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium-high. Once hot, melt the butter in the skillet. Add the seasoned chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove it from the heat. Once it’s had time to rest, you can slice it into strips.
Get a new skillet or clean out your original one, and add the other two tablespoons of butter. Add your garlic, shallot, dried mixed herbs, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook for about one minute. Next, pour in the milk, water, and cornstarch, mixing well. Bring the heat down to low and let your cream sauce simmer for about five minutes, or until thickened. Add the Parmesan cheese and let it melt. Finally, add the chicken and pasta to the alfredo sauce and gently toss until the noodles and chicken are coated. Top it off with some fresh parsley and enjoy!
You might like serving this blackened chicken alfredo up with our Italian Garbanzo Bean Salad.
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
- 8 ounces chickpea pasta we used Banza linguine
- 1.5 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless fillets
- 2 tablespoons Cajun blackening seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- Start by cooking the chickpea pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, coat the chicken breasts with the cajun blackened seasoning.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet on medium-high. Once hot, melt butter in the skillet.
- When that has melted, add the seasoned chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat. After letting it rest, slice into strips.
- Get a new skillet or clean out your original one, put it over medium heat, and melt the other 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add garlic, shallot, mixed herbs, and salt and pepper for about 1 minute, then pour in the milk, water, and cornstarch and mix well.
- Bring the heat down to low and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened, then add the parmesan cheese and let it melt.
- Add chicken and pasta and gently toss. Top with parsley and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Loved this gluten-free dinner recipe? We would love your feedback! Leave a comment below!
If you enjoyed this chicken alfredo recipe, we think you might also like to try: